VSU Internship is a year-long, structured 4-unit, letter graded program that aims to develop students professionally, educate them on contemporary issues facing the Vietnamese and Southeast Asian (SEA) community as well as POC at large, and provide a strong sense of belonging and family for students.
What you will gain from internship:
– Opportunities for professional development (e.g.):
– Chances to coordinate events such as fundraisers, workshops, etc
– Mentorship from board members on academics, leadership, etc
– Training for leadership positions for both VSU board and general leadership training
– Possible priority positions for VSU programs (e.g. Black April, High School Conference, etc)
– Practice and development on creating a LinkedIn, resume, applying to jobs, scholarships, and much more!
– Hands-on engagement and education about culture and advocacy:
– Learning in-depth about culture and history of POC, with a focus on Vietnamese/SEA community
– Critical analysis of privilege, race, class, gender, etc and their institutional, societal, and intrapersonal effect on individuals and society at large
– IRL engagement of the UCLA community and political advocacy
– Getting involved in our retention and outreach projects for the SEA community, including SEACLEAR and HOPE
– Creative freedom to create programs/events for community engagement, cultural awareness, and political advocacy
– Networking opportunities and long-lasting friendships
All students are encouraged to apply regardless of year or major, and are welcome to attend any of VSU’s welcome week events to become acquainted with the club’s members, mission, and culture.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact Shu-Fan Chen, VSU Internal Vice President, at email@example.com.
DEADLINES AND DATES
Internship Applications DUE:
Friday, October 4, 2019 11:59pm
Sunday, October 6, 2019
Monday, October 7, 2019
Tuesday, October 8, 2019
Application Results Notification:
Wednesday, October 9, 2019
First Internship Meeting:
*THIS IS A 4-UNIT, LETTER-GRADED UPPER DIVISION ASIAN AM 195 COURSE. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU ARE READY AND PASSIONATE TO TAKE ON THE COMMITMENTS OF THIS INTERNSHIP BEFORE YOU APPLY*